Our Children are...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

the honeymoon

Jonah and I went on a cruise to Mexico for our honeymoon. It was 7 days and we stopped at Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. We had a lot of fun especially on our first two excursions which were sea kayaking and snorkling in Cabo and a relaxing day on Stone Island in Mazatlan. One of the most exciting moments of the whole trip happened in Cabo as we were walking around the port waiting for our excursion... we were walking by the many little shops and stands selling stuff when I noticed a sign that said something about a baby lion (it was in spanish so I didn't know exactly what it was saying). As we got closer we realized that for a small fee (it was a fundraiser) we could hold a baby lion and get our picture with it!!!!!!! I was instantly convinced it was an amazing opportunity and we did it. So I can now say that I have HELD A LION!!! Some of the time on the ship wasn't so exciting and Jonah and I got a little sea sick. I wasn't expecting to be able to feel the ship move so much. It took me a few days after being off the ship to finally feel like I wasn't moving any more. I also got bug bites all over my legs on our last excursion which was a jungle tour. They are still itchy to this day and don't seem to want to go away. We had a lot of fun though and it was so nice to be able to relax and not worry about anything at all.

No comments: