Our Children are...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Is Here

Fall has arrived up at camp and is quickly leaving, I almost missed my chance to take pictures of some the trees by the staff houses.





Jonah and I took a long hike on one of days off to Nelder Basin.  We took a detour to go on the Shadow of the Giants trail to look for fall Dogwoods but it was a tiny bit too early for them.

We did find some interesting mushrooms



There were a few Dogwoods that were changing color.

 In Nelder Basin there are a lot of Giant Sequoias, we had fun spotting all of them and marveling at just how huge they are! We explored for a while, made a fire, ate our lunch and roasted apple slices over our fire (really yummy!). We hiked back to camp and then headed to Fresno to do some shopping and had some delicious pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen. 

And just in case you were wondering how Monty and Posy are doing in the mountains? Well they love it!  Posy even caught her first mouse the other day, we were so proud. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh those kitties! I'm glad you were able to catch the fall colors!

Sarah said...

Roasted apples?! Sounds like a great idea

jamaelbrooke said...

OMG! I miss you! I can't wait until we can finally come up and visit you guys! Ever since you talked about doing a photowalk when we visit, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it! I can't wait! I've tried to take a photowalk by myself and I turned around and went back home. It's much less embarrassing to get weird stares when there are two of us...I was too nervous by myself!