Our Children are...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Wildflower

Well I have a job! I had my first day at Wildflower Cafe on Thursday and it went well. I learned how to make coffee drinks and the costumers were steady but not busy. Today was my second day of training and it was not so calm. It was a holiday and another one of the restaurants who competes with us for customers was not open because of the holiday so we were completely swamped! There was a constant line from about 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Both the owner and manager were helping us try to get food out and to the right people in a reasonable time. Unfortunately things got a bit mixed up at least once about what food was going where and when it needed to get there. We were also down one person who was supposed to be working in the afternoon but she had to go to the hospital last night. I had to stay later than I was supposed to which was ok except by the time I got home I only had about 20 minutes before I had to leave again for my massage class. This is how I felt when I got home...

Fortunately every one else thought that today was crazy, not just me, so at least I made it through probably one of the busiest days I'll have to go through.

3 comments:

Joy Kerr-Owens said...

yay job!

Sarah said...

Wow Michelle! Good job hanging in there, crazy days are hard, especially when you are new. At least everything else will seem easier now.

Heather said...

That's exactly how and where I was sitting for my "after 1st day of clinical" picture!