Our Children are...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 5, 2013

Birthday Party #2

On July 27th Emery had her second party for my side of the family and some friends. She started out the day right by reading some comics with Grandpa.

Jamie came early to help me set up and I was thankful she did because even with her help things weren't ready in time. Fortunately I have two sisters who quickly jumped in and frosted the cupcakes and understanding guests who didn't mind waiting in the air conditioned house while we finished up outside.


 
 
 

Birthday girl!
 
We enjoyed some food, the pool (didn't get any pictures because I was IN the pool), and relaxing and then it was time for cake.


Emery gave the first bite to her daddy.

Then she tried some.


She wasn't too sure what she thought.

The cousins came over to show her that cupcakes are yummy!

 
"I'm one!"

She tried to take a bite but didn't really get anything.

Then she was ready to be done.

Time for presents! Emery liked all of her gifts.

Clothes and a specials photo album of all her monthly pictures and updates from the Nickells.

A xylophone from the Kerrs. 

More Llama Llama books from Grandpa and Grandma (her favorite books right now).

 New sandals also from Grandpa and Grandma.

 
Some new outfits from the other Nickells.
 
A book and ballet shoes from the Kerr-Owens.

 
 
The whole group.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It was so cute how she loved all her presents, I think you caught her smiling for everything! I also love the picture of her reading the comics with Grandpa :-)

jamaelbrooke said...

That was a good day! Even though I hit my head on the fan not once but twice and then my daughter pee'd on me causing me to have to wear your Christmas pajamas in 100 degree weather!