Our Children are...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My First Giants Game

Yesterday I got the opportunity to go to my very first Giants game with a couple of friends of mine. My family is a Dodger family so when I played for the Giants in little league, and chose them as my baseball team, my family all but disowned me.  Needless to say, I did not attend any Giants games growing up. This trip however, was worth the wait. The weather was perfect, we had good seats, and the Giants put on a show defeating, of all teams, the Dodgers in an eight to nothing victory. San Francisco also happens to be one of my favorite cities, so it was fun to spend some time there. We walked around and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I have been messing around with photoshop so this is a picture I edited. One of the many strange and artistic pieces to be found around San Francisco.


The Bay Bridge and a rocket. Notice the nice clouds and beautiful blue sky.

Arriving at AT&T Park!
By the time we arrived at the park I was so excited, It was finally happening.

We often looked at this nearby screen to watch replays and cheer, and on occasion boo the ump for a bad call.

We had great seats and showed up early in hopes of catching a fly ball during batting practice. Sporting our gloves, we hung out up front, and although we got close several times, we never caught a ball.


I have cheered for the Giants most of my life, but actually seeing them play, was more fun than I could have imagined. Pictured here, are Matt Cain and Jeremy Affeldt. Matt Cain recently became a sensation for being the 22nd pitcher in MLB history to throw a "Perfect Game."

A great day for a ball game!

Barry Zito throwing a heater, and Pablo "The Panda" Sandoval at 3rd base.

With a score of 8 to 0 favoring the Giants, we had a blast cheering and chanting with thousands of other Giants fans.


Here is a short clip of Ryan Theriot hitting a single in the first inning to start off the 4 runs.






1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great day! You are missing a picture of yourself there, though. How do I know you didn't just steal these somewhere?